Registration opens on 14 April at noon. The price covers
- 25 hours of workshops with 2 experienced teachers in a beautiful 150 m² dance space. 1 or 2 folk balls with live music, and practicas all other evenings.
- a fair trade salary for the teachers/organisers, the cook and the musicians
- accommodation from Saturday evening to Thursday lunchtime
- 10 Bio & local meals, breakfast is not included
- Domaine La Clé du Sol in the Drôme region in the south of France, 20 minutes from Valence TGV station.
- There are 3 rooms with 2 beds and 2 rooms with 3 beds, and a dormitory for 11 people. You can find information and prices here. The rooms are assigned in order of registration!
- Bed linen can be rented for 5€. Possibility to bring your own bedding.
- Organic and vegetarian meals with -as far as possible- local ingredients
- Bring your own food for breakfast
- Please let us know if you have any food allergies well in advance
- Meals are included in the price of the summer workshop, but drinks are not.
Time table / planning
- The workshop starts Saturday 16 July 2022 at 17h.
- Possibility to arrive on Friday 15 July from 19h onwards by paying a supplement of 30€.
- End of the summer workshop on Thursday 21 July at 2 pm
- Approximately 5 hours of classes per day, between 9.30 am and 6:30 pm
- Ball with Luna Rosa, a duo that plays a mixed repertoire of folk and tango, on Wednesday
- If there are minimum 20 participants, a second folk ball on Monday evening…
- Practica folk ball with recorded music – on all other evenings
- Relaxation, siesta, walks, games, swimming in a lake 15 minutes away…
Outside shoes are forbidden in the main dance space, so be sure to bring dancing shoes!
Good dancing shoes
help you to dance better and with less effort. Bring light, comfortable shoes with a smooth sole and no heel! Feel free to bring more than one set of clothes per day, a second pair of dance shoes, a fan, …
Standard price in an 11-bed dormitory: 545€.
- 50€ discount for everybody if there are minimum 25 participants, refunded at the end. Invite your friends!
- 50€ discount for all those who do not work
- 50€ supplement for a room with 2 or 3 beds
- Contact us if your income does not allow you to join the summer workshop
Possibility of a donation for solidarity
We want to guarantee a fair remuneration for all the professionals who make this summer workshop possible. At the same time, we think it is important that people living on a limited budget also have access to quality learning. That is why we offer you the possibility to make a donation to enable someone with a lower budget to attend the Workshop at a lower price than the advertised rates. Contact us for more details.
Registration & conditions
This workshop is organised by Corps Dansant and Frisse Folk. You can register via the website of Frisse Folk. By registering, you accept the following conditions.
- Payment of the summer workshop upon registration.
- Possibility to pay in 2 times: 300€ upon registration and the rest before the 8 of june by bank transfer: Frisse Folk IBAN BE40 7805 9142 3763 / BIC GKCCBEBB
- Cancellation before 16 May: total refund
- Cancellation before 16 June: 50% refund
- No refund if you cancel after 15 June, regardless of the reason for the cancellation. Only exception: 80% refund if you have a positive Covid test.
Possibility to find somebody with the appropriate dance level to take your place.
- Full refund if the organisers have to cancel the summer workshop
Depending on the participants, the workshop will be given in French or in English, with short translations into the other language if really necessary. Koen and Laure are fluent in different languages, so you will get individual feedback in the language of your choice.