Good dancing shoes will allow you to dance more easily, and therefore better. Therefore, please bring light, comfortable, fitting shoes with a smooth sole.
Sneakers ideal for dancing have a handy plastic sole with a pattern of concentric circles to allow for smooth turns. Leather or suede or also good materials, although they are less water-resistant.
For years, Koen has been very satisfied with his sneakers from Rumpf, model 1566 (second picture: sole), but now he's even more enthousiastic about the newest model 1510 (first picture). These shoes are lighter and more elegant, and they are also suited for women. Danceworld in Brussels sells both models in different colours.
Shops for dancing shoes
- Danceworld - Rue Grétry 47a, 1000 Brussels. Tel 02/223.04.44 - www.danceworld.be. Located in the center of Brussels, close to Beurs/Bourse. Danceworld will give 5-10% discount if you have a miminum of EUR 150 in purchases on your loyalty card.
- Charpentier - Nationalestraat 134, 2000 Antwerpen, Tel 03 237 46 61, firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com - www.charpdans.be
- Larabesko - Bagattenstraat 122, 9000 Gent, Tel 09 233 46 36, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.larabesko.com . Open: Tu-Sa 10am-12pm & 2pm-6pm.
- Ritmik BVBA - Tiensesteenweg 257, 3360 Lovenjoel (close to Leuven), Tel 0478/35 18 55, email@example.com - www.ritmik.be
- Dansschoenen Walkiers - Aarschotsesteenweg 2, 2500 Lier, tel 03.480.30.30, www.dansschoenen.be