These terms and conditions are the result of a long thought process. There’s a reason for each of the rules, in order to achieve a customer-friendly and efficient organisation of the classes. These rules are therefore strictly applied. However, there are also a lot of interesting benefits which you can use for your convenience.
1. Registration and payment
Registration: To follow our classes, you first need to register via this website. We would be grateful if you could do this at least one week before the first class. By registering, you accept our terms and conditions. Following your registration, you’ll receive confirmation by email. If you do not receive an email ten minutes after registration, please check your spam folder and add email@example.com to your contacts.
Payment: Please pay the tuition at the time of registration (so at least one week before the first class). We prefer payment by credit card – Frisse Folk will take care of the transaction costs. If you prefer not to work through online payment (or are unable to do so), you can pay through bank transfer to vzw Frisse Folk: IBAN : BE40 7805 9142 3763 / BIC : GKCCBEBB (Belfius bank), with reference cours, niveau & location. For example: “cours niveau 1 – Pianofabriek”. If you pay for someone else, don’t forget to add his or her name.
If you are unable to complete payment before your first class, you have to pay the entire amount cash to the teacher. Unfortunately we cannot accept training vouchers (“opleidingscheques” / “chèques-formation”)
Late payment: If payment is still not settled 4 weeks after the start of the term, we have to charge an additional administrative fee of EUR 25. If you register after the beginning of the 4 weeks, these 4 weeks are counted from your registration of from your first attendance in class (whichever happens first). You’ll of course first receive a reminder.
Our basic pricing structure is a subscription-formula for all classes of one term. This price remains the same, regardless of the number of classes you did in fact attend. It is thus not possible to be reimbursed for missed classes, or to transfer them to the next term. However, under certain conditions, you can catch up with the class at a different time (see below).
2. Flexibily & advantages
Free trial-session: satisfied or completely reimbursed!
- The first class you take with Frisse Folk, is a free trial-session. However, we do ask that you register in advance via our website, So we know how many participants will appear and to be able to contact you in case the class should be cancelled.
- We prefer that students pay online right away when they register. If you do that well in advance, you can enjoy a 10€ early bird discount. This promo can be combined with the free trial session, of course. If you prefer not to pay in advance, you can select “pay cash or by bank transfer” in the registration form.
- Good to know: there is no specific option “registration for 1 trial lesson” on our website. You can simply register for a full (or half) trimester.
- If you cancel within 48 hours after your first class that you do not want to continue, you will be completely reimbursed. You can inform us through email or by telephone, and you do not need to give a reason for cancellation. We garantie “satisfied or refunded” to all our weekly students!
- If you need more time to take a decision, that is possible, if you demand us no later than 2 days after your first lesson.
- If you do not cancel by email or through telephone within 48 hours, the full amount remains due.
- If you decide after your first class to continue with the term, your trial-session will count as your first class. In this situation, the trial-session does not entitle you to a discount compared to the normal pricing structure.
- The trial-session must take place within the first 4 weeks of term. Afterwards, it’s not possible to join the lessons anymore, unless you have some experience or you followed a specific workshop. Contact us.
- If a group is complete, only the very first class of the term will be a trial-session. This way, people on the waiting list can fill any spots that open up.
- Students can try out multiple classes during their first week. They can register in advance for one of them and let us know what other levels they want to try. If necessary, Frisse Folk will adapt the registration afterwards.
- The free trial lesson doesn’t apply for Gymlib participants.
Catching up on a class: If there is a parallel group for your level (at a different time, day and/or place, and/or with a different teacher), you can catch up on a missed class in the same week, the week before or the week after the missed class. You can also attend a class in a group of the level below your current level. However, if you miss a class, please note that we cannot explain everything the other students already master, as this would slow down the pace of the overall group.
Delayed start: You can join the classes after the term’s starting date, but a late registration does not entitle you to a discount. If you already missed 4 classes or more, you can only join after taking private classes or a workshop, to catch up. This way, we can maintain the learning curve of our group sessions. Please contact us for more info.
Taking half a term: If you can only join for a portion of the classes, you can choose a special pricing structure. This is more expensive, but you will only end up paying for the classes you are actually able to join. At the start, you have to pay at a minimum half of the classes. The teacher will note your attendance for each class. When your credit is used up, you have to pay the teacher in cash at the start of each additional class. We are unable to reimburse you if you attend less than half of the classes. You also cannot transfer classes to the next term.
3. Cancellation Policy
Cancellation: You can cancel free of charge by email or through telephone up to 48 hours after your first class (=trial-session). Afterwards, cancellation is no longer possible, and the full amount remains due. Warning: The trial-session must take place within the first 4 weeks of term. Afterwards, the cancellation right lapses.
Cancellation on health grounds: If you can no longer attend the classes because of serious health reasons, you can – under certain conditions – recover the missed classes during a later term. This only applies if you miss three or more successive classes. Before your third missed class, you have to send us a short explanation, as well as a scan or copy of the doctor’s note, covering the entire period of absence. You can then subtract the amount corresponding to your missed classes from your next payment. If you miss five or more successive classes (and you have a doctor’s note to attest your absence), Frisse Folk will reimburse the corresponding amount.
Cancellation by Frisse Folk: If a group is too small, we reserve the right to either cancel the group, or merge the group with another one. If possible, Frisse Folk will offer an alternative option. If you decide to switch groups, you also have the right to right to cancel after the first class in the new group. If you decide not to switch groups, your registration fee will be reimbursed, less the amount corresponding to the number of classes you already took.
4. Muziekpublique (only for classes in Brussels)
As the dancing courses in Brussels are part of the Folk & World music Academy of Muziekpublique, all participants have to be member of that Brussels organisation for folk and world music. The membership costs 10€, is valid for 12 months and it entitles you to discounts and sometimes free access to the numerous events of Muziekpublique (bals, queimadas, concerts,…). You can buy or reactivate your membership code on their website. Please send us your code (m + 11 numbers) by mail.
If you take dancing classes in Brussels, your personal information is passed on to Muziekpublique, who will of course treat is as confidential.
By registering or attending a class, you accept the conditions above.