|Discount price if you don't work||30.000000000|
|Fair trade price||50.000000000|
Workshop Musicality for dancers with Koen Dhondt
Syncopation, anacrusis, duplets, off-beat, staccato, improvisation, etc... Curious about these musical phenomena that are common in folk music? And ready to explore their impact on your dancing? Not afraid to (learn to) improvise on music? Then sign up for this intermediate & advanced dance workshop! No musical knowledge required.
- info & tips on understanding folk music : structure, rhythms, dances, styles, improvisations, differences...
- listening exercises (which dance is this? and how can iI find out on my own next time? How can I predict musical elements)
- leading & following
- variations in connection with the music
- how to improvise your own variations in connection with the music, during the dance
- If there is time left: a bit of background on the difference between trad, folklore & folk.
You can refer to the menu to find all information on general organisation of our workshops, prices and discounts etc.
Scroll down to get to the info about this particular workshop. We can translate important points into English during the workshop, if needed.
If you need any help to make a reservation, do not hesitate to contact us (also in English, Spanish, Portuguese or Dutch).
We suggest all participants bring something for tea. Potluck!
The bar will be open throughout the day. Frisse Folk offers water for free
Our workshops in Brussels are usually given in French, with translations into Dutch or English if necessary. Koen is fluent in 5 languages, so you will get individual feedback in the language of your choice.
Please arrive 15 minutes before the advertised starting time of the workshop, so we can start on time.
Workshop for intermediate & advanced dancers
You should be familiar with leading or following and have at least 6 monthts of folk dance experience.
No knowledge of music theory is required
It is never necessary to register as a couple for our dance workshops.
Therefore, you can register alone, as a couple, with friends ...